baby

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Well, tomorrow morning I go in for my glucose screening. (28 weeks!) I can say I'm not at all looking forward to it. One, because I've heard the drink is super gross (mine is Orange flavored, but it is 50 grams in 5 ounces of pretty much straight liquid sugar that you have to down in under 5 minutes then you can't eat or drink anything including water afterward)...some people get nauseated or vomit because of it (and I'll be drinking it in the car on the way to the dr's office an hour before my blood is to be drawn), and 2) I don't enjoy having my blood drawn because the blood-letting makes my blood pressure drop and I get reaaaaaaaaaaaaallly woozy and almost pass out. (No, its not a "fear of needles/mental" thing because it NEVER happens when I get a shot, just when I have blood taken OUT of my body.) But, it is mandatory and worth it, I suppose. Nothing else too exciting is supposed to happen at the doc. I'll just have the standard weight/blood pressure/urine check, and they'll measure my fundal height. But it is another trip to Jackson, and we have lots of errands, as always.

Just wanted to give an update on that! I won't know anything about the results until next week sometime, I'm sure. Not expecting anything to be bad, either. Its just a precautionary measure they make everyone do.

No comments: