baby

Monday, February 9, 2009

Terminal Heartburn and Baby "Stuff"

Ok, still dying of heartburn.

Need to go to bed, but I am working on baby stuff. I am always working on baby stuff. I'm sure people think I should be done by now, but seriously, this is the never ending project. I think it is, in general, but I think that it an even bigger project because I need to research everything to make sure we're getting "the right stuff" (whatever that means).

What exactly does "working on baby stuff" entail, you ask? Here is a short, NOT AT ALL exhaustive, list:
*Reading up in my Baby Bargains book/the messageboard/various reviews online/other messageboards & picking the brains of those who have gone before me (especially recently) about baby gear/baby stuff...and taking that information and either buying or (mostly) registering for products. This can also include calling manufacturers and/or sellers to ask MORE questions about the products (NOT. kidding).
* Studying various medical/informational things on labor/birth, etc etc etc. I want to be an informed woman. I don't want to just show up for the birth and wonder what my body is doing and why I don't know how to help myself cope with the pain.
*A million household projects that simply need to be done before baby gets here, because they either involve Oliver's room and are in the way, or will never get done after he is born, probably.
*Sleeping more...because I need more sleep...and if I don't get my nap in, I may burn holes into someone's skull with my eyeballs...or at least...that's what I feel like I could do when I need a nap and it gets pushed back and back and back, or if I dare get pushed to the point of not getting a nap (WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!). At this point, almost no matter what is going on, barring a true true emergency, Andrew actually COMMANDS me to go take a nap and take any measures I have to (including turning off all phones/barracading myself in my room with a fan) to make sure I get a nap. He knows. He lives with me. He understands the truth. Hee
*Making/keeping up with lists/information on the computer as I remember things like things I need to talk to my doc about, creating my birth plan, making a list of things that need to be packed to take to the hospital with us when B-day arrives, a list of honey-dos or to-dos before baby arrives, things we need to buy before Oliver arrives.

I know we have just over three months until his due date. But I also know that it is not smart to wait until the last minute to make sure these things are done, because lots of babies come early, and complications could even arise toward the end (or at any time.)...While I don't anticipate these things happening, I want to be as prepared as possible as soon as we can be. Realistically, I'd like to be "done" (ha) in 2 months, not three.

I could seriously work on these things every day, continuously, and still find things to do. Plus all the other normal happenings ons (are those words?) of the household that I'm trying to juggle. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying...this is what I'm trying to accomplish.

And that pretty much eats up my day.

We were in Jackson today and nailed down our crib and dresser/changing area of choice. This is a weight lifted off, as this has been one of the big big projects I have been working on. This is what we decided upon: This crib and dresser They are so so pretty in person. The pictures don't do them justice. I'd like to thank Andrew's parents, because they bought them for us! We should be able to go pick them up when they come in the store next week!!!

So, although we're registering for most things, we went ahead and bought several items tonight online because they were on sale and at a place where we can't register, anyway. I mean, even though we're putting most things on our registry, we'll need to end up buying lots of whats now on our registry, ourselves after the baby shower/gifts stop coming in, etc. I am really really excited with our choices, and I hope when they arrive next week I am as happy as I think I'm going to be with them. Everything I've read about the brand/quality, etc is excellent, and the prices were excellent to very great, overall, I think...so, I'm excited. Have I mentioned that? These were some of the pieces we bought online tonight (technically last night, now.) bed skirt, jungle printed sheet, striped sheet, and another animal sheet (the blue, not the pink one) .

What do you think. Do you love them?

Ok. Must sleep. I think Oliver is already asleep, but probably by the time I do my nightly routine, he will be awake again. Sweet little monkey.

No comments: