baby

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Anemia and Hiccups

So yesterday, I passed my glucose screening with flying colors. I'm not even close to the range of being possibly diabetic, so PRAISE THE LORD for His goodness! Its these things that are so easy to take for granted. The drinking of the orange liquid really wasn't that bad. 5 ounces was a very small amount, it was just way too sweet. Andrew even tried it before I did (I was given a bottle with twice the amount of what I was required to take). He said, "Hmmm, SUNKIST!" :) The worst part was not being able to drink any water afterward to get the taste out. But I chewed some gum.

The blood-drawing was fairly normal for me. I just stayed in the chair for about...5-7 mins. afterward and made the nurse go get me some water. Hehe. I told her ahead of time what usually happens to me so she wouldn't be too worried when I started to look a little funny.

I found out I am a little anemic though, which is fairly common in pregnant women because the baby is using up so much iron. Event though I'm taking iron through my prenatal vitamin, they told me to take another iron supplement as well. No big deal.

Oh, this is fun...I have recently been talking with some friends about baby hiccups, saying how I wasn't convinced I had felt them before, and they all said I'd probably feel them soon or maybe starting after 30 weeks. Well yesterday morning in the waiting room of the doctor's, I am 100% certain Oliver had the hiccups! It was so sweet. Last night, he may have had them too. It was extremely rhythmic little shaking movements again, but it felt a little different. It almost felt like tiny kicks in perfect rhythm, but I think that is highly unlikely so I'm sticking with my hiccup theory for the second time. He was probably just in a different position or something, so it felt a little stronger.

I like it when other people get to feel Oliver move. Last night, Susan Weiand got to feel him kick, and last week Lisa Repair got to feel him wiggle. So so fun. I always want Andrew to feel him rolling around, too. :)

I told my doctor that I still usually feel Oliver laying transverse, but sometimes he feels slightly diagonal. She felt my belly and said it felt accurate to what I was saying, and that he still had plenty of room to move around in there without being head down yet. I asked when he should turn head down, and she said usually in the 30's weeks. 34 or 36, she said, is where babies would usually be turned and stay that way until birth. His heartbeat was 156 BPM yesterday. As far as we know, everything seems good and I'm measuring right on track! Again, God is good for His sustaining of our lives!

No comments: