baby

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pack N Play adventures and Bruce

Mom bought us the Pack N Play and the Monitor we registered for. She paid for them over the phone and we were able to pick them up at the Babies R Us here. Thanks, Mom!

Here are pics of that adventure:



Andrew making his "I refuse to smile for a picture" face:





It really was quite the adventure. Andrew decided to start putting this together last night after we got home from being in Jackson for 2 days. It took longer than I expected. Graco included ridiculous, non-helpful directions (that don’t even deserve the right to be called 'directions'…unless you consider “put the metal rod in the pack n play” adequate directions. ...Excuse me…there are several metal rods, and where exactly in the pack n play is this supposed to go???????) So that was fun/funny/frustrating. We finally got done at 12:30 and called it a night. I say “we” but all I did was lay in bed and watch Andrew put it together and take pictures with my feet propped up (as you can see here)

because I overdid the walking/probably salt intake, too on Thursday and Friday, and therefore had bad feet swelling. :) I guess I was growing Oliver, too, so I helped a lot. Haha. Just not with the Pack N Play.

As you see it now, we have the bassinet feature set up. Whenever we want to use it as a regular play yard for him to play in, we can just move the mattress/bottom to the very floor of the pack n play. Pretty neat, huh?

You can see the blue sheets we ordered for the pack n play mattress from www.cloudsandstars.com in the pics, too. We have the PNP in our bedroom because we plan to use that as his bed (with the PNP bassinet feature) for the first little while.



now for some non-baby-related pictures…

Here are some pics of Buddy and Bruce (10 months old) playing together. Buddy plays with him and lets him get all wild like no one else. Bruce loves playing with Buddy. These were taken, I think on Thursday at Buddy and Frenchie’s. We were in Jackson a lot this week (Mon, Tues, Thurs & Friday) for baby-related classes/appts, etc, so we spent the night at their house Mon. and Thurs. nights. And we spent large chunks of our days at their house during the week in between appointments, too. They are so good for us. For those of you who don’t know, these are the people that let me live with them for 4.5 months as soon as I moved to Jackson from KC before Andrew and I got married. They are our adopted parents, and their home is our home away from home. So lovely. I don’t know what we’d do without them.



No comments: