baby

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Baby Clothes: 35 pieces for under $22 including tax

I will try to make this snappy since I keep starting a new blog update and then don't have time to finish it but just save it instead and then still don't have time to post all the pics/give all of the info I want to give...so the blog post keeps getting longer and longer but never gets posted.

So I'm skipping some stuff (for now or maybe forever) that occurred well before this just to get this post up.

Went to my normal go-to consignment shop this week to look for good bargains on baby clothes. Walked out with a footed sleeper and a LAURA ASHLEY top/footed bottom set in new to Excellent Used Condition (hereafter referred to as "EUC" for simplicity)for just over 5 bucks including tax. Not bad.

As I was walking out of the store, I noticed a Goodwill in the same strip that I'd never noticed before. I decided to take a chance and go on in. I am SO glad I did. I ended up digging through baby clothes for an hour-hour and a half. There were two shopping carts crammed full and overflowing and two huge bins about the size of two shopping carts each, crammed full and overflowing. Each individual piece of clothing was 50 cents each. I walked out of there with 32 pieces, most of which look like they've never even been washed, and the others are in EUC. Brands including Carter's, Gerber's, Tommy H., Gap, Talbots and more. I was SO excited!

Here are my treasures from that day(all are Goodwill finds unless otherwise noted)(and you really need to zoom in on some of these to catch to adorable detail!):

size newborn:
(look at the little puppy dog feet! ah!) (one thing still has the tag on it!) (the last item is from the Winnie the Pooh collection.)



Some much needed sleeper gowns, size 0-3 months, all with the optional fold-over handsies:


more 0-3 months clothes:
(the yellow sleeper is from the consignment shop...i think its brand new without tags)


more 0-3 months stuff:
(I don't know what "size" the cap is.) (I'll be able to use the pants with some of the many onesies we already have.) (The romper is by a brand called "Tea" from San Fran. (had never heard of it before) and I checked and it retails for $23 new. Yay!)


3 month items:
(Laura Ashley outfit in EUC on the left from the consignment shop.)


3 month stuff:
(I love both of these with all the wording. TOO adorable!!!!)



3 month footed sleepers:
(I don't know why the picture rotated like this. Sometimes blogger glitches and does this, and I'm not starting over again.)
(I showed the backside of the yellow one because it is so adorable!)


3-6 month onesies:


6 month clothes:


Two 6-9 month onesies and a 6-month romper:


Needless to say, I am done buying clothes for Oliver at least for a while unless we determine we need to fill in with a few particular things when the time comes.

As you can probably tell, one company’s “3 months” might be the equivalent measurements of another company’s “6 months”…and we don’t know how he will grow…so basically, we’ll have to wait and see when he can actually wear these things.

No comments: