baby

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not Forgetting

In my short parenting career, I've had the best intentions about writing stuff down. Or assuming I'll remember things. Well, I'm realizing there are many things I'm forgetting about these wonderful baby days (yes, my 14 month old is my baby) I don't want to forget.

Here are some things I don't want to forget:
*The way Oliver smells like his California Baby Calming Wash/Shampoo after I've bathed him and we're snuggling in for the night.
*The way hes recently taken to making this growling sound...almost like Louis Armstrong...and how it makes me laugh so hard, he stops growling and looks at me so confused because he doesn't know why I'm laughing.
*When hes nursing while we're laying down, if hes antsy, the way he keep his head in place (still nursing) but stands his feet up and marches with his rear up in the air.
*His odd affinity for the toilet brush. Or plunger.
*The way he WILL put ANYTHING in his mouth. Including bits of paper, dust bunnies, and once recently, a box staple. Which, thankfully, I fished out in time.
*The way he finger paints with his food on his tray when hes done.
*The way he hums while he nurses sometimes.
*The sound of glee he makes when we "chase" him. Like, "huha huha huha huha huha."
*The sound of his feet almost running across the wood floors.
*The way I know if he is very quiet for more than 10 seconds, hes probably in trouble.
*The way he looks even sweeter than normal right after he wakes up.
*The way he loves to give kisses - with an open mouth.
*There is this toy my mom brought that you press on and then it wheels on the floor, playing a crazy tune, and the character in the vehicle is like a loony Carnival Man. I call it the Crazie Carnie. And Oliver loves the thing and is scared to death of it. He will press it down, and run like the wind, and watch Crazie Carnie drive like the maniac he is from afar. At the end it even says something like, "Ya hoo! YIPPEE!" Or something equally as nuts. I don't want to forget him starting the thing up and then running away to watch at a safe distance.

No comments: